Bachelor and Master of Science courses taught in Italian: it is required to attach the Italian language certificate – level B1 in the online application form. This certificate can be issued by the institutions recognized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Italian Ministry of Education:
- Università degli studi di Roma Tre;
- Università per stranieri di Perugia;
- Università per stranieri di Siena;
- Università per stranieri non statale e legalmente riconosciuta “Dante Alighieri” di Reggio Calabria;
- Società Dante Alighieri (PLIDA).
Moreover, Politecnico di Torino accepts certificates issued by Italian embassies, Italian Cultural Institutes or Universities for Italian language courses which require a final examination (attendance certificates are not accepted) and which mention the level of proficiency obtained.
Bachelor and Master of Science courses taught in English: it is required to attach the English language certificate – level B1 in the online application form. The following certificates (or equivalents) are accepted:
- IELTS (minimum score 5.0 or 5.5. for MS Automotive Engineering);
- TOEFL Internet Based test (minimum score 77 or 87 for MS Automotive Engineering );
- Cambridge ESOL examinations - General English exam (minimum level: PET pass with merit or FIRST grades B-C for MS Automotive Engineering).
Bachelor courses offered for the 1st year in English and the following in Italian: it is required to attach the
English language certificate – level B1 in the online application. The Italian language certificate – level B1 must be obtained within the end of the 1st year. In case of failure, students will be transferred to a course taught in English.
Master of Science courses offered partially in English and partially in Italian (i.e. Ecodesign, Energy Engineering, Electronic Engineering): it is required to attach the language certificate as established by the Reference Programme Faculty.
IMPORTANT: If you are not able to attach the language certificate while submitting the online application form, you will have the possibility to attach it later on, within June 30th, 2014.
Exemption form the English language certificate:
Applicants can be exempted from the English language certification if they attach an official declaration printed on headed and stamped paper attesting that “The medium of instruction is English”, in case of:
- Certificate issued by a High/ Secondary School in English language after at least one year of attendance
- High school diploma recognized by the Italian Ministry of Education as equivalent to the Italian High School Diploma or Higher Diploma obtained from a post-secondary school in English language
- Bachelor degree obtained from universities where courses are offered in English.